Boker tov and welcome! Today we’re going to discuss how to show love to your children. (This is Part 6 of our “Parenting Series for Mothers Only.”)
You’ll want to grab a pen and your Bible!
Scriptures Mentioned in the Video:
- Titus 2:4
- No Favoritism – James 2:1, 9; Luke 20:21; Galatians 2:6
- Gentle Manner – Proverbs 15:1; Proverbs 25:15; Hosea 11:4; Galatians 5:23; Galatians 6:1; Ephesians 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 2:7; 1 Peter 3:4
- Kind Instruction – Proverbs 31:26; Proverbs 15 (the whole chapter); look up “pleasant” in Scripture
- Listen – James 1:19-20
- Spend Time Together – Exodus 33:11
- Show Physical Affection – Mark 10:13-16
- Give Gifts – James 1:17; Proverbs 18:16
- Be Generous with Praise – Matthew 3:17
Thank you so much for all your wisdom and encouragement! You are truly an answer to prayer, Anne!! I look forward to your videos every day, with my coffee, of course!
Anne Elliott says
Thank you!!! YOU are encouraging to me, too!
Annie K says
This was so good, Anne! Thank you for sharing what YHWH puts on your heart. I am a bit behind on the videos but they are so encouraging!
I have always understood that a mother is NOT her child’s friend.
I can’t imagine being a friend to my grown children or my custodial grandchildren.
How do you get a child to obey, if you are friends/equal.