Our goal is to bring you the very best resources, while not costing you too much expense. The “Necessary Books” are the main textbooks used in this course and are therefore needed almost daily.
All other books and resources are optional. Feel free to substitute other editions (including free copies available online) or entirely different books on the same subject.
All of these books are required texts for Year 4:
- The Story of the Renaissance & Reformation, by Christine Miller
- Revelation Revealed, by Christine Miller
- Fire Upon the Earth: The Story of the Christian Church, by Norman F. Langford (available free to our members)
- MapTrek: The Complete Collection (hardcover or CD)
- History Through the Ages: Timeline Figures, by Amy Pak (Homeschool in the Woods). We suggest the “Resurrection to Revolution” set, which was used in Year 3, followed by the “Napoleon to Now” set later in the year. Not all of the figures in this set are scheduled in our curriculum. http://www.homeschoolinthewoods.com/HTTA/timeline.htm
- Book of Centuries, by Debra Reed (NotebookingPages.com). At our house, we print the timeline pages and insert them into a 3-ring binder, then we stick timeline figures onto them.
- Basic Lined Notebooking Pages, by Debra Reed (NotebookingPages.com).
High School Books:
The following high-school reading assignments are scheduled in the curriculum, along with additional discussion questions and writing assignments. We are continuing to add to this list!
- The World of Columbus and Sons, by Genevieve Foster Weeks 1-8
Optional Read-Aloud Books:
The following optional books are scheduled to be read aloud. We are continuing to add to this list!
Books to Borrow from the Library and Read Independently:
There are many more excellent resources and books which you may wish to purchase or borrow from the library to read aloud to your children or assign for independent reading.
The following is a list of optional books that could be read aloud as a family or assigned as additional reading to older students while studying the Reformation to Modern Times with World History Year 4. We are continuing to add to this list!
- The Lion of St. Mark, by G. A. Henty Week 1
- Marco Polo, by Charles P. Graves Week 1
- Adventures and Discoveries of Marco Polo, by Richard Walsh (a World Landmark book) Week 1
- Morning Star of the Reformation, by Andy Thomson Week 1