Updated February 17, 2021.
Privacy is a big deal in our world. Because we hold ourselves to the high standard of justice and righteousness as defined in the Torah and the rest of God’s Word, we have attempted to abide by all local, state, federal, and international regulations that apply to our company and your use of our website.
In plain English, we only collect the smallest amount of information we need from you in order to make your experience on our website the best that it can be — without sacrificing your personal privacy.
- If you give us info about you, we will guard it and use it only to provide our service and make our service better.
- You have control over your account settings, such as your account information and email notifications, but there are some important emails we’ll always send you.
- We might do clever stuff in order to check how many people open our emails and visit our site.
- If there is a breach of our security we will investigate it and let any affected users know.
Keep reading for the fine print:
What Information We Collect
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website, such as the date and time of your use, how you navigate and what you search for using our website, the website pages and items you view using our website, and the items you purchase. We use this information to help maintain accurate accounts, to provide and to change services, to provide accurate billing and shipping, to answer your inquiries, to market services and products, and to help make our website useful to you.
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address as you provide it;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, payment method, billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order and shipping updates);
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, information about wish list items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, product review information, gift card and other information about your profile or account;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you;
- Call recordings including information about your call, and information you share with our representatives for quality assurance and training when you call us on the phone;
- We offer public community forums for people to discuss homeschooling in general and Homeschooling Torah curriculum in particular. Each forum is moderated to ensure currency, pertinence, and good taste. Although users must be registered in order to access the forums, please remember that any information you share on our forums is public information, so use caution in disclosing personal information.
We will delete your information upon your request, when you contact us. (See the bottom of this page.) At any time, you may request your information to be exported and sent to you for review, and we promptly honor any requests by you to have your account deleted and forgotten. Please note that without an account, you’ll not be able to login to our website and access your products or services.
HomeschoolingTorah.com does not knowingly collect information directly from children under the age of sixteen (16). We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. Only parents and guardians, or students who are age 16 or older, have permission to make an account with us, and we do not authorize the use of our website by children under the age of sixteen (16). Our content is written for and directed to adults only.
- We link to various other websites throughout our curriculum. We expect that adults will supervise their children during the use of all websites you visit once you leave our website and cannot be responsible for content or privacy policies we link to off-site.
How We Collect Information
We collect information on our website, during telephone calls, by mail, and through customer surveys. We acquire this information directly from you when you visit our website, speak with us on the phone, send us a letter, or answer a survey. We also collect information from third parties. For example, we collect and obtain information about you . . .
- Directly from you, such as the days and times you make purchases, interact with our Customer Support Team or other personnel, register for a Homeschooling Torah account, participate in contests, respond to surveys, engage in promotional activities, or sign up for emails or marketing.
- From third parties, such as service providers, analytics companies, and other third parties that provide us with information about you and the different devices you use online. Scroll down for a complete list of third parties we use.
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our website, or that share or allow you to share information with us. At the present time, these platforms and networks include MeWe, Pinterest, and Gab. We do not use Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. If you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our website (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media), we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms or networks share with us. For more information about social media platform and network privacy practices, please review the privacy policies and settings of the specific social media platforms and networks that you use. Please note that we do not use any tracking pixels from Facebook or Google, except for those used when you view a YouTube embedded on our website.
- Using cookies and automatic collection methods. For example, we and third parties we work with may collect information from the computer, tablet, phone, or other device that you use to access our website, or that you use to open an email or click on an advertisement from us. The information we collect in this way generally does not include personal information unless you provide it through our website or you choose to share it with us. We collect this information by means of…
- cookies (which may be session-based or persistent, and are typically small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in connection with your Internet browser);
- web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer, tablet, phone, or other device when you visit our website, or open an email we send to you);
- website application log files (which we create automatically in connection with access to and use of our website).
When you login, if you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks, unless your browser’s ability to store cookies has been disabled. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the information that we collect in order to efficiently conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. Examples of how we use information:
- To provide you with proper products and services. Examples: fulfilling your orders and processing your payments; maintaining and servicing your account(s).
- To respond to you appropriately. Examples: to identify you when you place an order, call us, make a request or inquiry, enter a contest, complete a survey, or share a comment or concern.
- To personalize your experiences with us. Such personalization may include remembering your interests and preferences; customizing the products and services we share with you; tracking and categorizing your activities and interests on our website (including identifying the different devices you use) so as to enrich your experience on our website or in interaction with our customer service personnel.
- To enhance our ability to communicate with you as much as possible about products or services that are likely to be of interest to you and as little as possible about products or services that are not of interest. You may unsubscribe from email marketing at any time by using the link at the bottom of each email we send.
- To improve our efficiency and effectiveness as a company both online and off. This means we seek to understand how our customers use our website and how they shop with us. It also means we seek to determine the methods and devices they use to access our website and otherwise communicate with us. We seek to use such knowledge to improve our website’s usability.
- For Homeschooling Torah’s forum. We use your email address when forwarding emails to you from other members through our online forum. When such messages are sent, your address is not shared with the sender. You may communicate with others through the forum service without disclosing your email address to others on the forums.
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business, product offerings, and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
What Information We Share
We do not disclose, sell, or trade personal information about you to or with third parties for their or any other third-party company’s marketing or advertising purposes. We do share personal information with third parties for other purposes. For example, we share personal information with:
- Third parties and service providers that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising). Scroll down to see a complete list of third-party companies we work with.
- We also, by nature of our relationship with them, share information with third-party companies and services that provide services to us and products directly to you (that you purchase through us). Such sharing is necessary for us to fulfill our business obligations to you and/or for you to fulfill your obligations to us. Examples of this kind of information and the companies we are talking about: the U.S. Postal Service, UPS, FedEx, the bank or credit card company that processes payments you make, and so forth. Scroll down to see a complete list of third-party companies we work with.
- Please note that we do not use any tracking pixels from Facebook or Google Analytics, except for those used when you view a YouTube embedded on our website.
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Personal Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate such requests.
Third Parties We Work With
Homeschooling Torah works with trusted partners to deliver our services to you and to provide you with the best experience possible.
- We use Cornerstone Payment Systems to process payments. Any credit card information entered on this site is encrypted and processed by the respective payment processors. Your credit card information is never visible to us, nor is it stored anywhere on our servers.
- We operate an email mailing list using Aweber. When you sign up for a free or paid membership, you may be added to a mailing list managed at Aweber. This mailing list is used to send you information about our products and services, discounts and special offers, occasional promotional emails, news and announcements, and other relevant emails. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of each email sent.
- We use Calendly to set up phone calls between you and our Customer Support Team.
- We use Tutanota to process our email.
- We use Fruux calendar to handle our appointments, to communicate within our company, and to publish potential dates for the biblical feasts and upcoming events, such as conferences, webinars, and sales.
- We use Friendly Captcha to provide you with a secure login experience, but none of your personal information is captured.
- We use Google Voice to handle our customer phone calls, texts, and voice messages.
- We use Google Fonts to help our site look good.
- We use Standard Notes and Nozbe to communicate with our staff and for planning purposes, but none of your personal information is captured.
- We use YouTube (owned by Google) to provide educational videos throughout our curriculum.
- We do not track your usage of our website with Google Analytics.
- We use Survey Monkey to handle customer surveys.
- We use Sucuri and Wordfence to protect our website from hackers and other criminals.
- We use Akismet to prevent spam on our servers and to protect our customers who wish to comment on our website.
- We use UPS and USPS for any mailing or shipping needs.
We also work with third-party companies to identify the different device(s) our visitors use to access our website. This helps us improve our visitors’ experience when using our website.
Your Choices and Access Requests
We strive to offer you with choices about how we use and share your personal information. Your choices include:
- Social Media Platforms and Networks. We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use. They explain the choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails from Homeschooling Torah by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism made available in every marketing or advertising email you receive from us. If you would like to be added to OR removed from any or ALL our email lists, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to unsubscribe you from one or all lists. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from all marketing-oriented emails, if you have an outstanding order or some other business dealings with our company, we reserve the right to contact you via email concerning those matters.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account with us, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. You may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and in order to protect your privacy, we will seek to confirm your identity before we grant access to your information, or before we make any corrections or deletions.
We Use Your Reviews
When you post a review of one of our products on our site, make a comment about Homeschooling Torah on our forums or on social media, or submit a testimonial and/or photo, you grant us permission to use your words–either in original form or edited for clarity only–in our promotional materials, web content, and other publications. No personally identifying information will be attached to these to keep your privacy safe. We may include your name and last initial (e.g. Jane D) as well as the city or town you are from so others will know that it is real customer feedback. If you live in [a country we know to be less friendly to homeschoolers or Torah believers], we will ask for clarification about how you would like your location to be identified. In any case, if you are concerned we might inappropriately identify your location, please contact us. As noted immediately below, we are deeply concerned about your security.
We are Committed to Protecting Your Information
We are committed to protecting your information from those who would seek to do you harm. As such, we secure our website with the industry standard for protecting web communications (SSL technology). Because of the encryption, your transactions on this site, financial and otherwise, are safe and protected. Furthermore, our employees and maintenance personnel use IDs and passwords to further protect access to your information.
View our legal disclaimer.
You Can Ask Privacy Questions
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies, please contact us at Homeschooling Torah/Foundations Press, Inc.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: P.O. Box 191, Perry, MI 48872
By phone: (989) 494-1353
Special situations may require disclosure of your data.
To operate the service, we also may make anonymous information available to third parties in these limited circumstances: (1) when we believe in good faith it is required by law; (2) when we believe in good faith it is necessary to protect our rights or property; or (3) to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution, or sale of assets. Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases. To the extent permitted by law, we will attempt to notify you in the event of a disclosure.