It is fun to make a holder for matzah, which you can use on your Passover table and then all week long, during the Feast of Unleavened Bread.
- Fold white construction paper in half. Spread the paper open, with the outside of the fold facing up.
- Cover your art area with newspaper. Lay a coffee filter flat. Using Crayola® Washable Markers, fill the coffee filter with bright colors. Spritz the filter with water.
- While the filter is still wet, lay it on one side of the folded construction paper. Press gently on the filter to transfer the colors. Wrinkles in the filter will add to the texture and design! Carefully remove and discard the filter. Let the construction paper design dry.
- Re-fold the construction paper. Punch holes evenly around three sides of your Matzah Holder, including the folded side. Leave the top open.
- Lace colorful yarn through the holes and knot both ends to complete.