We have been asked to provide an overview chart showing a way that a student could logically progress through all of the subjects available at Homeschooling Torah. Our goal is to provide you with a well-laid-out plan of schooling from preschool to high school.
- Note for High School Math (Grades 9-12) — We do not currently offer advanced math. We recommend Life of Fred or Bob Jones University Press or Teaching Textbooks for these subjects.
- Science needs to be taught in the order written (Level 1 before Level 2, etc.), because skills and vocabulary build upon the previous year’s lessons.
- Adjust the schedule to fit your family and your students’ interests. This is just a suggestion.
- Is your student feeling a little bored? Add additional reading and writing assignments, especially in Torah study, History, and Science. We give ideas in the curriculum, but follow your student’s interests and pursue topics as deeply as you can.
- Is your student feeling overwhelmed? Put the subject away for a year or two. There is no rush! Allow your child to mature a bit more before trying again. We have noticed that after physical growth spurts, our children often have mental growth spurts. For children ten and under, see these ideas.
- If you live outside the United States, adjust this plan to fit your national requirements. Please feel free to contact us if you need help.
- If you have a special situation, take that into consideration first: